Friday, October 10, 2014

My 1st Blog: Hello world!

Back in college, I fell in love with writing, ask me why? Because I was compelled to do it.  In one of our subjects, we were tasked to write (just kidding but I really do love writing).  And then, slowly I drifted away from writing specially when I was introduced to information superhighway (sounds familiar? Anyone who has been around in this world for quite sometime knows what I am saying).  

Why did I fall out of love from writing because my new love then was chatting.  Hmmm, improper use of technology.  Anyone familiar with World Wide Village? mIRC? Chatting together with texting introduced me to short-cuts and the result my grammar is now broken (lol!).  Wait, let me look at the bright side of chatting,  oh at least I was able to practice my keyboarding skills and my emoticons (lol!)

Although blogging (weblog) has been around for some time.  I did not utilize it to keep a diary type commentary about what is happening around me nor about my work and life per se.  Maybe because I am not a celebrity, I am not a public figure, excuses, excuses J to be honest, it is because I did not feel the need to. 

Now, after a few weeks of attending Cohort, I felt l’m ashamed of myself since I am teaching computer and I did not take advantage of everything in the internet, because I always thought it is time consuming plus a networking which is not working. I guess this is a wake up call. I want to do blogging,ask me why? Because I needed to.  Seriously, since my husband and I got married, every year we would write our bucket list. This year we asked ourselves what else do we want? He wants to lose weight and he looked at me and asked me, “What about you? Do you want to lose weight too?” Boldly, I told him, “I worked hard for my weight, then why should I lose it?  I want to become a good speaker. That’s what I want for this year.”  I hate it when I stutter.  I really admire those people who are spontaneous.  I am not dreaming of becoming a stand-up comedian or a politician.  I just want to be me –a person with positive vibes and ready to make a difference.

How will my blog help me? To reach the unreachable star, most of the time students prefer to be online,  – blog can help me reach my students. Together, we can pursue our goals.  Blogging creates avenues for us to read and use technology at the same time. Blogging hones our writing and speaking skills. Blogging allows us to reflect. Reflective teaching helps teachers become successful. 

I am looking forward to update my blog on a timely manner, let me say yearly? Nah, I want my goal to be SMART –well at least on a weekly basis to start. Blogging is kind of time consuming. Why did I say so, because I am in front of my laptop for almost 4 hours and I don’t know if I’m making any sense. Hopefully, I am. I need to sleep now, because in this site www.brandingpersonality.com/3-must-have-ingredients-for-inspiring-blog-posts/ it says I have to get enough sleep.


Get some positive vibes!

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Filmah! I agree on how you mentioned reflective teaching helps teachers become successful. I need to work on that. By having a blog we can also write announcements and homework so that students can check online and be up-to-date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Min, Ji! You are right! This is also one good tool to keep our students posted about class requirements. And, as early as high school they should start creating their portfolio same as what you did when you were still a student.
      Great job!

      Delete